Thursday, February 19, 2009

All About Coffee!




Coffee. If you know me well, you know that morning does not start without it. Yet, over the years people have tried to tell me the evils of coffee. I would not, of course, believe them. In recent years, I have been happy to see that studies are proving what I already know--that coffee is Good Stuff.

The latest study, one from Harvard Medical School, shows that women who drink coffee have a reduced risk of stroke when compared to women who don't drink coffee. (I don't know about how this pertains to men, but since I'm a woman, who cares?) The more coffee they drink, the more reduced the risk. The results, released in the March 3 issue of Circulation are summarized here.

Another article on the health benefits of coffee from Harvard Medical School is found here. This article tells us that coffee may not increase your risk for higher blood pressure, it may protect against cancer and diabetes. Okay, so yes, some chemicals in coffee may raise your cholesterol, but my cholesterol was at 170 last year, and I think that's pretty good.

Coffee is morning. Coffee is sunshine. Coffee is the elixir of bright happy morning faces, of bright happy eyes. (If you doubt this, then you should see my morning face before coffee. It's not a pretty sight.) 

If you like coffee as much as I do, perhaps you want to buy your coffee where I buy mine. (Reason: I buy in bulk.) 

The place? Coffeebeandirect.com. Try the Costa Rican Tarrazu Cariblanco, found uner "regular coffees." Delicious!







No comments:

Post a Comment