Thursday, January 8, 2009

Iron Man 2!!


A scan of a page from Iron Man vol. 4, issue 23, page 20, drawn and inked by Jackson "Butch" Guice, a piece that happily hangs on my family room wall.


Okay, so this really is a daily ramble, with no other point than to express my joy over the Iron Man movie franchise from Marvel Studios. I'm a huge Iron Man fan, having read the comic book from about the time I was 12. I used to buy issues, as well as issues of "The Avengers" at Waldenbooks, a much missed bookstore that once resided in the Markland Mall. I still have most of those issues, many purchased for something like a quarter a piece.

So when the first Iron Man movie came out, I was understandably nervous. How often does Hollywood mess up comic book movies? (The answer is "Often, with as much cheesiness as possible.") But Iron Man was wonderful. Truly. The movie remained true to the comic, and was also a good movie in its own right. Robert Downey Jr. was perfect as Tony Stark, and how cool did that armor look?

After Iron Man 1, I had actually read rumors saying that John Favreau was not necessarily going to be hired as director for the second movie. (Say what???) Of course, that rumor was happily unfounded. John Favreau is back, Robert Downey Jr. is back, as is Gwyneth Paltrow. Here is a good update article on the second movie, and from what they are saying, it is all good! Excelsior!



No comments:

Post a Comment